The BioSmart 5000 Gravity Filter is a multi-stage mechanical and biological filtration system in a compact package, designed for medium ponds or for ponds with moderate biological load (some fish).
During biological filtration, the water is channeled through a series of filter foams that create a special environment by allowing the settling of beneficial bacteria. During this stage, harmful ammonia and nitrites are converted to nitrates, which support plant life in the pond.
BioSmart 5000 features a built-in cleaning mechanism that does not require removal of the filter foams during maintenance.
- Effective Pond Size: up to 5000 gal. (without fish)
- Recommended Pump Capacity: 1600 GPH (min) to 2700 GPH (max)
- Intake Connection: 1 1/2 in. threaded female (2 x)
- Tubing Connector (intake): 3/4 in., 1 in., 1 1/4 in., 1 1/2 in.
- Outlet Connection: 2 1/2 in. (via Adapter Ring)
- Sludge Drain Connection: 2 in.
- Filter Foams: 4 (1x Red, 2x Blue, 1x Green)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 22 x 22 x 16 in.
- Limited Warranty: 3 Years
When used in conjunction with the Oase Bitron C 110 UV clarifier or other specifically marked CWG products, they are guaranteed to have clear water and minimal maintenance. We guarantee that when a tape measure is placed vertically into the pond to a depth of 3 feet, the water will be clear enough to read the 1 inch mark at the tip of the tape measure.