Watching your pond change from crystal clear to murky green is a disturbing phenomenon. Getting the right tool for the job is essential, and the Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer is just the thing to clear the air… I mean water. This is the UV light I use in my personal pond, and It has worked wonders when it comes to improving water quality.
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer review
- We’ll go over the features and benefits that you’ll find useful first.
- Then take a look at the drawbacks you may need to know.
- Followed by a bit about the the Empire Aquatics company.
- Lastly, we’ll give you better insight into the product by providing a sampling of actual customer reviews
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer
- Flow rates based on 80% efficient after 9,000
- Water tight and designed to operate in wet environments
- Power supply can be placed away from light for added safety
- UV light design allows for bulb replacement without disrupting water flow
- Made of heavy duty UV resistant plastic
- Clear viewing ports located on either end for inspection purposes
- Uses high quality lamps made in the USA
- Low pressure high output UV lamp
- Rated for 9,000 hours of continuous operation
Special Features (Pros) of Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer
The flow rates that are listed in the manual are based on 80% efficiency. In other words, all the specifications for flow rate and pond size are based on a lamp that is operating at 80% (after 9,000 hours). A new light will perform better, but this gives you a worst case scenario of the lights performance. If it can do what you need at 80%, everything else is above and beyond.
This versatile light is designed to be used in wet environments, meaning it can be used outside for a pond application or brought inside and used in an aquarium.
The ballast on the power supply is at the far end of the 25’ power cord away from the unit. Keeping it away from wet locations adding another layer of safety.
UV light design allows for full access and removal of the entire power assembly for cleaning and maintenance without disrupting water flow.
Lamp life of 9,000 hours of continuous use.
Drawbacks (Cons) for Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer
- No wiper - Some UV lights come with a wiper. This allows the glass tube to be cleaned without dismantling the light.
- Mounting equipment sold separately
Video: Emperor Aquatics UV Sterilizer
About the Emperor Aquatics Company
Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc, the parent company of emperor aquatics has built a reputation for outstanding service with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Emperor Aquatics brings decades of research with real world industrial application and experience to their products. Providing high quality and effective design. The diverse backgrounds of their employees makes them the leader in the aquaculture industry.
Used indoor or out, they get results reducing microorganisms in your water.
Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer Reviews
I could list features and benefits all day, but seeing what real customers have to say gives you much more insight. We have curated reviews that reflect the emperor aquatics UV sterilizer, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer
A verified customer on Amazon said that within 4 days her pond went from pea soup to crystal clear. Giving this light the highest rating.
Another satisfied verified customer had this to say “I had tons of problems with algae before this. It has done wonders and my tank is crystal clear.” Used on a 125 gallon reef tank.
If you are in the market for a UV light, don’t just guess. Get the light the experts use. The Emperor Aquatics UV light is one of the most effective tools you can use to get rid of the green water and eliminate parasites. This light will not disappoint! Enjoy crystal clear water no matter what the application. Emperor Aquatics, a company that understands the importance of high water quality.